Become an Impact Referee
Impact offers clinics early spring and again in mid summer to train our Recreation referees. These clinics require prior study, classroom attention and passing of a written exam.
Referee Levels and Minimum Requirements:
You will be assigned to a referee assignor. They will contact you once game schedules are done to get you scheduled to referee. If you have any questions, please contact your referee assignor.
Impact United Resource Library:
New! Referee Payment Schedule
To receive pay increases you must:
- Achieve the required threshold of total games worked
- Attend a referee clinic at the beginning of the season
- Pass the test with the minimum required score for that Pay Level. (Test re-take opportunities will be available)
- Games worked will be summarized at the end of the season and pay increases will be effective at the beginning of the next season. There will be no mid-season pay adjustments.
- Clinic attendance and passing score on the test is required each season for ALL referees who remain in Level 1 and 2. After that, clinic attendance and passing test score is only required when ready to move up to the next Pay Level.
- Referees who have achieved 95% or higher on three consecutive tests will be eligible to skip their next clinic/test and still advance to the next Pay Level.
- It is mandatory for you to attend Impact United’s Recreation Referee Clinic each season to be certified to referee. Additionally, all referees are required to pass the Club Referee Test prior to each season.
- Read & review the referee responsibilities and referee section of the Recreation Handbook (pg 19-31).
- New referees will need to AR (line) 4 games with our experienced referees. After they have completed their 4 games they can be second ref or referee U8 games. Referees must be at least one year older than the age group they are refereeing.
- Once you have been scheduled to referee a game it is your responsibility to be at the correct field at the scheduled game time. If there are more referees than needed at a field, please call your coordinator to verify which referee is scheduled at that field. You will receive an e-mail reminder as a courtesy from your coordinator on Thursday of each week. Please verify that you have the correct location and time and send your coordinator a quick reply.
- All games MUST be scheduled by an Impact United referee coordinator. Do not call another referee to take a game that you have been scheduled to referee.
- Referee Cancellations: If it is past Thursday and you are scheduled to referee a game on Saturday of that week you are required to be at that game. If you can not referee that game, you must contact your referee coordinator and speak to her directly. You can not send an e-mail, text, or leave a voice mail. You will be expected to referee the game you are scheduled for until you have spoken with your coordinator.
Enrolling in a Clinic - Workshop Days/Times
Basic Level Clinic
Taught by the Impact United Referee Coordinators and Recreation Committee members, the basic level clinic is required to referee for Impact United Recreation. There is no cost for this clinic and it should take approx. 3 hours.
Prior to the clinic, please do the following:
- You must RSVP via this online form
- Review the Recreation Referee Course.pdf & Referee Information Packet.pdf
- Take advantage of the resources listed here and research common rules about the laws of the game
- Arrive 10 minutes early to check in and be prepared to take notes
Have questions? Contact Referees@ImpactUnited.com.