Frequently Asked Questions
State Competition League. It is a competitive league for U9-U19. Competition Leagues begin at U9.
U9 = 8-10 and U10 = 10-12
Yes. Tryouts are held annually at Bonneville Jr High. Teams will be formed by Academy training staff and the Impact Competition committee. These teams will function just like Impact Competition teams. Tryouts take place the week before Memorial Day
Those who do not make a team can still train in the Academy and play in the Recreation program. The teams are continually evaluated to make sure everyone is playing at the appropriate level. The coaches and Competition committee will do their best to have every player that wants to tryout, make a team. They also have to ensure that there is enough players to form a solid team.
Once players are placed on competitive teams, these requests become more difficult.
Impact black shorts, Impact black socks and the Academy shirt provided. The shorts and socks can be purchased from Soccer International.
Competition teams play in our club uniforms. Those playing in the recreation program will continue to play in the Impact recreation uniform.
- Go to www.UYSA-IUcompetition.sportsaffinity.com
- Click on the “REGISTRATION” tab – DO NOT SIGN IN WITH YOUR USER NAME AND PASSWORD AT THIS POINT!
- Click on “PLAYER REGISTRATION” and click continue.
- Select “CREATE NEW ACCOUNT” (Even if you have played with UYSA before, this option will find you in the system and let you merge the two.)
- Enter the PARENT registration information here. You must enter a username and password. Click “CONTINUE”.
- The “FAMILY MEMBERS LIST” page will come up.
- Click “yes, this is my account”.
- You have 3 options: 1) you can add a new player, 2) you can add a new guardian, 3) you can continue.
- Click on “REGISTER PLAYER”.
- Enter your “ASSIGNMENT CODE”. This is the code that appears next to your tryout number on Impact United’s website OR you will receive this code from your team manager.
- Select Play Level: Competition.
- This will bring up the “PLAYER REGISTRATION FORM”.
- If your child’s photo is not displayed, your team manager will be required to upload a current photo. Pictures must be headshots, players may be serious or smile but “goofy” faces will not be allowed.
- If your child’s birth certificate is not in the system please send a copy to: UYSA Certified Registrar, Deanna Naylor, 2175 East 3380 South, Salt Lake City UT 84109 OR email it to email@example.com.
- Please verify all the information on this page and correct any discrepancies.
- There is no need to enter uniform size or height and weight since you will order your uniform through your team manager.
- This information will transfer to your UYSA registration form, so please enter Doctor, Emergency Contact and Medical Problems correctly.
- After all your children are entered click “CONTINUE”.
- E Check has a $2 convenience fee (this option will save $) for information on “what is an E-Check?” go to the following link: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/home.
- Credit or Debit Cards have a 2.9% convenience fee.
Players must be at least 4 years old by July 31 to play recreation soccer. The age group matrix is included below. Playing age group is determined by the month and year in which your child is born.
Playing age group is determined by the month and year in which your child is born. Age groups are listed as U-5 or Under 5 if your child is 4 years old as of July 31, or U-10 (under 10) if your child is 9 years old as of July 31, etc.
All registration and payment is done online through our online registration system. Payment is by credit card or electronic check.
Impact United is offering an early bird registration fee of $85 for all players registered by May 31. The regular registration fee of $95 will be charged to all registrations received June 1 thru June 30. A nonrefundable late fee of $20 will be added to all registrations received after June 30th. Registration closes July 31.
Teams will be formed honoring player requests for a specific coach or to play with a friend, in as much as possible. However, this only applies up to the maximum team size and on a first come, first serve basis. Further, Impact United reserves the right to adjust teams for size and/or competitive balance. After player requests are considered, we try to group players together by geographic area using the Elementary School boundary in which players live as a guideline. Priority will be given to all requests received before May 31st. Impact United makes every effort to honor your requests within the guidelines and limitations we have. When other options are not available, players will be placed on teams that need players.
Girls only teams begin at age U-7. Girls have the option of playing on either an all girls team or on a coed team.
Impact United has determined the team size limit using recommendations from UYSA for maximum player opportunity and development. U-5, U-6, and U-7 play 4 v. 4 with a maximum team size of 8 players. U-8 and U-9 play 6 v. 6 with a maximum team size of 10 players. U-10 through U-18 play 8 v. 8 with a maximum team size of 12.
Impact United is generally located in the Highland, Skyline, Olympus and Cottonwood High School geographic areas. Our game fields are located throughout these neighborhoods. Game fields are determined by field size and player age group. In younger age groups where we have several divisions, we make every effort to schedule games in close proximity to the teams’ geographic area. Older teams will play on fields located throughout the Impact United community.
Games are played on Saturdays. They are scheduled throughout the day beginning in the morning and ending in the early afternoon. Game schedules will be available online about one week prior to the start of each season.
Practice place and time is determined by each coach. Prior to the start of each season, our coaches sign up for their practice field and time. They will let their team know the day and time of their practice. Most teams practice once per week during the season.
Impact United holds a coaches meeting approximately 2 weeks before the start of each season. Coaches sign up for their practice fields at this meeting. They are encouraged to start practices and contact their players as soon after this meeting as possible. Players registering for a full year (both fall and spring seasons) will remain on the same team for both seasons.
Impact United Recreation program is a volunteer organization. We rely on parent volunteers to coach their children. We can only create teams if we have parents willing to coach those teams. Impact United makes every effort to help train and educate our volunteer coaches in the best method for coaching youth soccer. If you would like to volunteer as a coach please register through the online registration system.
Uniforms are not included in the price of registration. They must be purchased separately at Soccer International located at 3956 S. Highland Dr. Ask for the Impact United Recreation uniform. The uniform consists of 2 adidas jerseys (one black and one white), one pair adidas shorts, and one pair adidas socks. This same uniform can be worn multiple years until your child grows out of it or it wears out. Shin guards are mandatory at all practices and games. Soccer cleats are preferred, but are not mandatory.
Requests made for a refund will be honored only prior to the first game of the fall season. All requests for refunds must be made in writing, specifying the following:
A $20 non-refundable fee is applied to all refunds. This amount covers non-refundable State and district fees as well as credit-card processing charges. Refund Requests should be e-mailed to Impact United at RecRegistrar@ImpactUnited.com.
Impact United registers players for a single season only as space is available. Fall only players will be placed on fall only teams as space allows. Fall only registration is not online. To register for fall only, email the registrar at RecRegistrar@impactunited.com for details. Spring only players will be placed on spring only teams, or if there is an open spot on an existing team. Priority for team selection and placement is given to players who register for a full year. Spring Season wait-list registration will open on March 1st.
RECREATION GAMES WILL NOT BE CANCELLED FOR RAIN, unless lightning is present. We encourage playing through light rain or cold weather conditions. We recommend you attend your games with the intent of playing, and then if the rain becomes heavier or does not abate you may consider abandoning the game with mutual consent of both coaches. It is the policy of Impact United Soccer Club to cancel any game or practice at the FIRST sign of LIGHTNING. If there is enough snow accumulation that prevents the lines from being seen at your game field, the game is automatically cancelled. In some cases we have agreed to not to play at certain venues if the ground is extremely wet. We will advise you if your game is at one of those locations. If you don’t hear from us, your game is on.
For any other reasons to cancel a game, both coaches must mutually agree. If a game is canceled, the coaches must notify the Referee Assignor for your age group /field at least one hour prior to game time so the referees can be contacted. The Referee Assignor’s Name and Phone Number is listed on the Schedule Page for your Age Group. There will be no rescheduled games.
Generally, team pictures are taken during the spring season. “Fall only” teams will have pictures taken during the fall season. Impact United provides one team photo for each player. If additional photos are desired, individual players may order directly from the photographer. See our Picture Schedule and Order Form for more information.
Player Registration fees includes the basic picture package. Please make team pictures a priority so each player can have the promised package. The photographer will have team rosters at picture time. Players not on the roster will not be in the team picture. Please insure the team roster is accurate to avoid discrepancies and disappointment.
Pictures and Awards will be available for pick up by coaches at one of the Registration Events or at Equipment Return. If coaches cannot pick them up at one of these days, they should send a Team Representative to do it.Pictures and Awards should be distributed to the team following the last game of the season.
Teams are formed based on age and location of player. Impact United attempts to place players with other children from their school or nearby schools. Every attempt is made to honor "special request" based on team availability. "Special requests" will not be honored if team size is already at maximum. If your child wants to play with a friend or a specific coach, please clearly indicate this on the registration form and we will attempt to honor your request.
To register online as a recreation coach, you go to the same website as if you were registering a player at www.ImpactUnited.com/registration. You can click on this link to take you directly there. Once you have completed your coach registration, please send an email confirming it has been completed to RecRegistrar@ImpactUnited.com. Please include your child's name you will be coaching and their birth date in the email. Be sure to register your player as well.
Utah Youth Soccer Association requires that all coaches watch a 20-minute video on concussions AND complete the on-line training. Please complete these tasks before you register with Impact as you will be required to upload a copy of the completed training certificate to your coaching account.
For more information, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions page. Be sure to read the Recreation Handbook to find more information about being a coach with Impact.
Date/time: Tuesday July 5th, 2016, 4:00 to 8:00 PM
Location: Holladay City Hall (4580 South 2300 East. Holladay, UT. 84117)
Enter from the Southwest corner of the building from the South Parking Lot.
The following items need to be presented at check-in:
- Registration/Medical Release Form: signed in two places by Parent or Guardian (including Guest Players obtained through the affinity system.) *Birth certificates are not required when going through the affinity system.
- Player Action Form: Player Action Form (Guest players; signed by both Coaches on the Form).
- Photo Travel Roster: All UYSA teams must submit three (3) copies of the 2016/2017 Photo Travel Roster (Guest Players are required to be added to the photo travel roster).
- Go to www.utahyouthsoccer.net.
- Click on Member Login.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on “Teams” from the horizontal column below the “Family Member” section.
- Click on “Teams” to the left of the “Tournament and Schedule” tab.
- Click on Tournament Roster (NOT TEAM ROSTER).
- Click “New Request”.
- Enter in the required information (Tournament name, soccer federation (UYSA in most cases), event start/end date, country, city, zip, tournament director name, tournament director phone and email).
- Click Save and Continue.
- Add players to your Roster as needed (it’s helpful to have their UYSA ID # available although there is also an area to search for the number).
- Click Save and Continue if changes were made.
- If no changes were made (OR you’ve fininished making changes and have already hit “save and continue”) Click “Review and Submit” (located on the horizontal column near the top).
- Click submit Application.
- At this point the “Review” tab will be highlighted. Click on the tab a second time (despite it already being highlighted).
- Click Print Photo Roster.
- Select the # of copies needed an hit print.
- Log out.
- Out-of-State Teams: Current USYSA or US Club Soccer player passes 2016/2017 are required, Travel papers, (out-of-state teams) must be presented, Registration/Medical Release Forms (including Guest Players) signed in two places by Parent or Guardian. Logan, St. George, and out of state teams may check in 2 hours before their first game. At Tournament headquarters. (West Side of Bonneville Junior High) . All local teams must check in on Tuesday.
ATTENTION: It is required that you have at least 2 coaches for each team. Once brackets are set there will be no further changes. Players can only register with ONE Team in the Tournament – Rosters are FINAL at Check-In!!
The rules of play shall be the FIFA LAWS OF THE GAME as modified by USYSA and UYSA, except as specifically stated in these rules and approved by UYSA.
The Tournament Committee for the good of the game shall interpret any rule not addressed.
There will be No Protests.
TEAMS, PLAYERS AND COACHES
Teams will be divided into flights and brackets by age and gender. All teams must be properly registered with US Youth Soccer, a USSF affiliated organization (i.e. US Club Soccer, AYSO), or an appropriate national organization.
All teams must complete an in-person check in prior to their first game. Teams must submit official rosters, as outlined in the Tournament Check-In Policy (available at www. impactunited.com) Rosters are set at team check-in and no amendments to the roster will be allowed after check-in. Any team playing an illegal or non-rostered player will forfeit that game and all games of the tournament without a refund of registration fee.
It is strongly advised that every team have more than one licensed, registered coach on their team roster. Any team playing a game without a rostered coach present and eligible will forfeit that game.
Each team must present a copy of their certified tournament roster to the Field Referee at each game played, which will be kept by the Field Referee during the match. The certified tournament roster will include an official Tournament Discipline Record and Concussion Management Record on the back. Players may play for only one team during the tournament (no double rostering).
All players, including guest players, must have the appropriate medical release form, player identification (see PCEC Check-In Policy), and appropriate guest player form.
STRUCTURE OF GAMES
Teams will be awarded points in pool play as follows:
6 points for each win
1 point for each tie
1 point for each shut-out
1 point for each goal scored up to a maximum of 3 per game
In the event of a tie at the end of pool play, the winner will be determined in the order as follows:
- Winner in head-to-head competition.
- Fewest goals allowed.
- Most goals for.
- Most total wins.
- Most shutouts.
- If a tie still exists after steps 1 through 5, FIFA Kicks from the Penalty Mark will be taken. In the event of a three-way tie at the end of bracket play, the winner for advancement to the final game will be the winner of Penalty kicks.
Team Size and Game Format per Age Division:
Age Group Roster Max Guest Max Players Ball Size Game Length Halftime Overtime (playoffs only)
U91237v7#42 x 20 minutes5 minutes2 x 5 minutes
U101247v7#42 x 25 minutes5 minutes2 x 5 minutes
U111549v9#42 x 25 minutes5 minutes2 x 5 minutes
U121559v9#42 x 30 minutes5 minutes2 x 5 minutes
U1318511 v 11#52 x 30 minutes5 minutes2 x 5 minutes
U1418511 v 11#52 x 35 minutes5 minutes2 x 5 minutes
U1518511 v 11#52 x 35 minutes5 minutes2 x 5 minutes
U1622*511 v 11#52 x 40 minutes5 minutes2 x 5 minutes
U1722*511 v 11#52 x 40 minutes5 minutes2 x 5 minutes
U1822*511 v 11#52 x 40 minutes5 minutes2 x 5 minutes
While U16 – U18 teams may roster 22 players; only 18 players may dress for each game and be present on the team bench.
GAME TIME CHECK IN:
The field monitor or referee will check in each team with player cards or certified rosters 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time of each game. Failure of a team to report within 5 minutes of a scheduled game will be considered a forfeit by that team.
The tournament follows the UYSA Substitution Policy, including unlimited substitution allowed in all agegroups with the referee’s permission.
Games may be temporarily suspended, shortened, rescheduled or cancelled when fields are in unplayable condition due to inclement weather or other unforeseen events. The immediate responsibility of game stoppage will rest with the Field Referee and/or Field Marshal.
Suspended Games – If a game is temporarily suspended due to weather conditions, play will restart per the Laws of the Game. If a referee has deemed it necessary to suspend a game for any reason, the game may be resumed but is subject to end no later than five minutes prior to the next scheduled game. So long as one full half is played, there is no recourse if the game is not played to the full-allotted time.
Cancelled Games – Games will be considered complete if at least one full half has been completed, and the score at the time play is stopped will be the final score. The decision of game cancellation will be up to the Tournament Rules Committee and there will be no refunds for cancelled games. If game cancellation takes place in a playoff game, for any reason other than misconduct, and the score was tied at the time of stoppage, the two teams will proceed to the Taking of Kicks from the Penalty Mark to determine a winner at a time and place dictated by the Tournament Director or the Tournament Scheduler.
Rescheduled Games – Any and all game times and places are subject to change in the event of inclement weather. The Tournament Director and the Tournament Scheduler will make decisions on how to reschedule games, and reserve the right to alter the tournament format to do so. The most up-to-date schedules will be posted on the Tournament Website and every effort will be made to contact coaches and managers by text. Teams should ensure that they have provided the tournament committee with current cell phone information capable of receiving texts.
It will be at the referee’s discretion to allow a player wearing an orthopedic cast or hard brace. Shin guards are mandatory for all players.
All coaches have total responsibility for the conduct of their players, substitutes, friends, and spectators at all times. Coaching from the sidelines (giving directions to one’s own team on points of strategy and position) is permitted provided:
- No mechanical devices are used.
- The tone of voice is instructive and not derogatory.
- No coach, player, or spectator uses profanity or incites, in any manner, disruptive behavior.
- Each team must have at least one registered assistant coach in case of schedule conflicts or disciplinary action.
CAUTIONS AND EJECTIONS:
A player who has been ejected shall not be allowed to participate in the next scheduled game. Any player or coach who assaults a referee or tournament official will be expelled from the tournament. The tournament committee will eject players, coaches, or spectators from the tournament for any inappropriate behavior.
INJURY AND/OR DELAY:
Any conditions resulting in delays of the game may cause shortening of the game in order to maintain the tournament schedule.
The home team will be the team listed first on the game schedule. The home team is responsible for providing two game balls. The home team will be required to switch to alternating jerseys to accommodate a color conflict as declared by the referee. All teams must have alternate jerseys.
FORFEITS AND BYES:
A team that fails to report ready to play within 5 minutes of the scheduled kick-off time will forfeit the game. A forfeit will be scored as a 1-0 game. The other team will be awarded 8 points.
At the end of each game, the team coach or assistant coach must sign the game card. The score indicated on the game card cannot be disputed after it is turned over to the field monitor or referee. Please pay attention to what you are signing.
No protests will be allowed or considered.
The Tournament Director or his designee will settle all disputes and all decision shall be final.
Fields are Bonneville Jr. High, Cottonwood Sports Complex, Highland Park Elementary, and overflow fields in the Granite School District.
The tournament is scheduled through Affinity, instructions and steps to register are available through the 'Register' link on the main tournament page.
Registration is encouraged by the 3rd week in June.
Impact United Contacts
- Read the Recreation Handbook. Your answer may be there.
- Check the Recreation team page and review the info here in the Resources FAQs section.
- E-mail our Registrar or Director: RecRegistrar@ImpactUnited.com, RecDirector@ImpactUnited.com
- Leave a message with our Recreation Registrar – Danielle Wolf at 801-582-KICK (5425).
- Check the Competition team page and review the info here in the Resources FAQs section.
E-mail or call the Competition Registrar:
Please call between 6-8 pm – response to be within 24 hours of message.
E-mail or call the Competition Director:
Dan Garriott, Director of Recreation
Danielle Wolf, Recreation Registrar
Trevor Anderson, Fields Manager
Mike Wolf, Equipment Manager
Loren Mott, Rec. Referee Coordinator
- Wendy Frey
- Kim Kaelin
- Annie Davies
- Carla Verhaaren
- Tonia Hashimoto
- Melanie Soelberg
- David and Jenny Child
Yamil Castillo, President
- Troy Anderson
- Paal Tevit
- Ben Gardner
- Rob Heyn
- Dan Gariott